Artemide Redux & Rome Sweet Rome

 


I’m sitting in my own little parlor while they finish readying my room. I love getting spoiled here.

I arrived pretty refreshed. My new best friends, Marty and Shelly (a RN), sat next to me on the plane. They’re from the Boston area, love going to Italy, have rescue dogs, and gifted me some Ambien after I told them prosecco was on board (and opened their splits for them). That was a great after-dinner combo. I popped one, and next thing I knew, we were touching ground. That was a much faster flight than MSP>JFK! I need this for every long flight. Now I just need my room ready.

After I get there, I’m freshening up and taking a walk. The Rome weather is gorgeous! I want to scout out two places for dinner, which my body clock may call breakfast. One is right on the Tiber, on the island; the other is in the Sburra. But there’s a definite British Invasion—I’m still waiting on my room. I’m sick of all the waiting these past 24 hours.

The walk revived me and reminded me why I love it here. I ate well. 

After buying wine and a porchetta sandwich, I spotted a restaurant I’d heard about for their Cacio e Pepe (Nerone al Viminale), and had what I thought would be my first course, but I’m stuffed. Porchetta and a bottle of wine are in the mini fridge for tomorrow’s lunch.

Here’s today’s photo reel, mostly in the Monti neighborhood. By the time you get to the last pic, I’ll be asleep.








Fly?

Piazza della Madonna/Monti back up to this

Complimentary melon cello 

Finally, a dog!


Tile artist art

Garden house 

St. Peter in Chains, 1500-year-old mural

Graffiti 

Graffiti 

Colors

Monti

Monti

Sburra

Monti

Artful graffiti.

Theater gargoyle, with a heart mouth for Megan B.

Piazza della Madonna

Taped-on window ode 


Monti

Cacio e Pepe

Nun in walkway

St. Peter in Chains






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Riparo Cassataro

Cinema Paradiso and more

Festa di Sant' Antonio