It's Hot, Hot, Hot
I'm grateful for this practice run of extended heat, although sleeping is hard, as AC is more of a novelty here.
I spent the morning cleaning up the bird detritus, after a night filled with waking up in pools of sweat. The vigne is much more "fresh," but it's packed, and the shower situation is scarce for the week's occupancy.
I was able to take a nap at the vigne, which helped. And the heat's not terrible; it's just the sleeping that's a bear.
Explaining the dead bird to Andrea, and knowing in the States we may deal with it a certain way, I asked how best to dispose of it.
"Umido," she replied, meaning I should put it out on the garbage day when organics are collected. So, he'll hang with the potato peels.
Matteo snuggled up to me on the sofa, and we read together. We also played with toy slime, until he escaped and went next door to where Rodi's husband, Vasile, was hacking down a Mall-of-America-sized lot of mountain weeds to make room for tomorrow's parking space.
Little by little, Ettore loses his big-kid-now cool long enough to hang out with me.
And Giulio.,. Oh, man; that baby is nothing but delightful, and I'm in love.
Etna was shrouded in dark clouds, but alas, no rain.
Lunch by Mariella included linguine with zucchine, salad, and huge slices of watermelon for dessert. I took a quick cat nap at the vineyard afterwards.
Tonight, Mariuccia and Milano Giuseppe and family arrive. We're having tavola calda for dinner. I can't wait!
In the meantime, Joe and I made our usual pilgrimage to Decò, where I wanted to buy Vincenzo's wine, and hopefully a better fan. There were no fans.
And Mariuccia missed her plane and won't be coming.
The house doubled again in activity with the arrival of Giuseppe, Mary, Giorgia, and Marta, along with Mary's parents, Gloria and Giulio.
We ate tavola calda, meaning I had pistacchio arancini. The first one back always sends me to the heavens!
And now my eyes are sliding off the screen, as I'm falling asleep.




Comments
Post a Comment