Starting a bit off before we fly off

 



Trying to wrap things up by midnight last night, I just about made it. Lights off at 12:15. 15 minutes allowed to drift off. Alarm set for 7:30. I should log a solid 7 hours sleep.

An unusual squeal from my phone sounded around 5:00 a.m. I couldn't see a call coming in, and the noise wouldn't stop. I wondered if it were an emergency alarm or new Amber Alert notification. I use the Do Not Disturb function on my phone from 11 pm to 8 am, with a few allowed contacts to break through the barrier.

I tried to get back to sleep, but something didn't seem right. I checked my phone again, and though there (oddly) was no notification, I did some digging and saw that the noise came from a WhatsApp phone call. From Vincenzo.

It was then I started seeing Elena's WhatsApp texts, pictured above. Our arrival info was off by one day. I told them our departure date and Joe told them our arrival time, but neither of us clarified the one-day lag in travel time.

Elena insists Vincenzo was still in Biancavilla, but he really only calls when he's looking for us. Let's hope this is the main snag of our day--although, if you've been with a sleep-deprived me, you know I don't function well. And we have several junkets to traverse today. In addition, I like getting to the airport early; Joe tends to be more lax. I can't bite my nails, because they have a fresh coat of polish. So... (manicured) fingers crossed!

PS WhatsApp must be able to break through the DND barrier!

***************

Delta really messed up; a catering mishap, the worst of which was no coffee as we greeted the new day. But they gave everyone 5000 miles for the trouble, which equates to about 40 bucks. Luckily, we're landing in the land of really great coffee soon!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stretching Out (my clothes)

Le Donne al Mare, La Famiglia alla Sera

Checking out the Scenery and Available Real Estate, then Fireworks